So I live through my 20s. I am super grateful that God let me live this long. This year will be the year for me to leave the golden days. Am I happy with the person I am now? Yes. I am. But there are still a lot of things I want to do.
Life, as what we have been told, is not easy. We won’t be able to really understand the meaning behind it until we have actually live through it. But believe me that in the hardest days is the time when you feel the strongest. Take pride that you survived.
Here’s 20 things I learned in my 20s. I am sure many of you can relate.
Life as what we’ve been told, is not easy.
1. Life apparently is not very easy as we imagine it will be 10 years ago.
2. If you choose to jump in love young; (careless and not ready for marriage) be prepared to face heart wrenching break-ups.
3. Sometimes things will not happen the way you want it to be, no matter how much effort you make.
4. You cant have everything all at once; one step at a time.
5. True friends listen and care for you; they don’t only come to you with their problems. But always be there for them anyway.
6. A lot of things in life is unfair and you have to accept it. Patience is the key.
7. You are not entitled to anything in life unless you are willing to work for it.
8. Whining and being sad about your life will not make it better.
9. Marriage is not an achievement; but marriage can make you achieve a lot of things.
10. Time flies so fast; there are no time to waste.
11. Sometimes you have to face the hard truth to learn about life. Make sure to always be kind.
12. Everything that happened in your life will make you a better person if you choose to.
13. Whatever you believe in may be a biggest hoax in your entire life. Be disappointed but never give up.
14. Nothing is perfect in real life; accept it and move on.
15. If you are not happy with your life, you are never too late to change it.
16. Have a goal; set a game plan but always focus on the present.
17. Spending money on materials will not necessarily make you happy; a lot of times it makes you more stressful.
18. Staying single is not a bad thing. It actually makes you strong, independent and liberated.
19. You choose the life you want to live. No one can be blame for the life you have chosen. Be responsible for yourself.
20. Always have God close to your heart. He’s the ONLY one that can make you survive through good and bad times.
Well, I can actually make a book about this. Maybe a 200 lists or so (haha!). But the main points are in here. I wanted to blog this earlier this month, but I have been busy with a lot of things recently.
Please share your experience and let me know if you can relate through this writing.